Thursday 18 April 2013

My new job

Hello :)

I haven't posted in a while because I have been super busy with:
a) my new job
b) revision   pretending to revise
 
I started my new job at Evans (which most of you will know as a plus-size high street shop) a few weeks ago, and so far it is going really well. I feel like chatting away to people about clothes is something that I'm good at, and more importantly, it's something that I enjoy.
 
Most of the ladies that come in are between the sizes of 14 and 32, and so far I feel as if I have really put my fashiony eye to the test by helping a couple of ladies choose outfits for weddings, shoes for job interviews etc etc. I find it really really fun and hopefully my sales will reflect my enthusiasm.
 
Evans is part of the Arcadia group (which also includes Topshop, Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge amongst loads more) so it is a big company with very high standards.
 
 I've already picked up that I need to look immaculate for every shift (a far cry from scrubbing floors in McDonald's...) But to be honest I like that. I love nothing more than leaving the house and going to work looking glamorous.
 
So yeah. Really enjoying that. And also, it's kind of made me see that you don't have to be a bloody size 6 to look amazing. So many really curvy ladies come in and they look pristine and downright fab. (And I've noticed a lot of the customers smell really good too... which I guess makes me a little creepy but whatever.) A lot of customers come in and say they are self concious of certain parts of their body and I just want to tell them "Yes, you're a bit bigger but you look great." :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment