Monday 14 January 2013

Happy Chicmas

I got so many lovely jubly things for Christmas.

My very nice boyfriend bought me Burberry Brit (channelling my patriotic chic) and Mum got me Rihanna's new perfume. I hate Rihanna but this smells like something an actual angel would wear. Would definitely recommend either of these scents.

My Grandma got me a lovely purse... maybe it will be bring me better luck with regard to not wasting all my student loan? (Unlikely) And a loooovely floaty skirt (also from River Island.) It's a black A line skirt. I've tried on a few A-lines in the past but to be honest they just don't seem to suit my body shape at the moment. After piling on some pounds over Christmas, I have what looks like a 4-month baby bump, and skater skirts just don't seem to cover that very well - quite the opposite in fact... They cling to it and attract unwanted attention. So I picked out a skirt with buttons down the middle, made of a nice floaty chiffony material, high-waisted, black of course, with a nice vintage-looking belt. I wore it for my 21st birthday meal this evening... I felt the dog's bollocks! (Not literally... I mean, where does that expression come from? No bollocks, regardless of species, are particularly remarkable... so why say it? Any way I'm rambling about bollocks here.. move on)

I also got lots of the usual gift cards. I used to consider gift cards as pretty naff but now I welcome them with open arms. In fact, I relish them. I would much rather a gift card so that I can choose something I actually like rather than receiving a complete and utter turkey. (One time, I got a salmon beanie hat with a rose embroidered on it. Needless to say it got a one way ticket to Barnado's. So not chic.)

This year I got £15 to squander in New Look. Needless to say I was down there first thing on the 27th to spend it on something in the sale. And the sale was BRILLIANT. I'm not knocking New Look but to be honest, I haven't really been in there in years. The last thing I bought from there was actually a very fetching pair of flared grey cords that I recall wearing to my year 6 disco. But today it really was excellent. Got a new khaki blouse for lounging around in (£8), a nice rock-chick necklace (£3) , and a watch (£6) which looks a million dollars.


And I finally got a NEW LEATHER JACKET.
I finally got one. Finally. And I feel amazing in it. It is an XS... (awkward) but it was the only one left, half price in the Oasis sale so I pondered, and came to the conclusion that it would be absolutely stupid if I were to not buy it. Luckily it just about fits, and I have worn it non-stop since! Only £40. So if you are a size 6 - 8 on top, go and get this jacket. It is absolutely lovely. Very flattering and looks really expensive. As far as I know, only XS are left though :(


 

No comments:

Post a Comment