Tuesday 1 January 2013

Pat Butcher, eat ya heart out

I have been a very very spoiled girl this year.
 
I don't really know where to start - but I think it all really started a few weeks when I was round at my Grandma's house. It was the start of the Christmas holidays, and I was happily chilling with Grandma when the inevitable question arose:
 
"Have you thought about what you want for Christmas?"
 
I hate this question because I always feel like I'm being really greedy by asking for something. My Grandma has always been excellent at presents, but as I've got older she's asked me what I want so that she knows it'll be something I will actually wear/use.
 
So I bit the bullet.
"I really really want a fur coat."
 
My Grandma smiled slightly put down her sewing.
"That's handy," she said.
 
Now I should give you some background information here. My Grandma, having had my mum at 19, is a pretty young Grandma. She's very feisty, and is never seen without a full head of highlights. In short, she's a very trendy (ew, hate that word) Grandma, and cares a lot about what she looks like. Which I guess is maybe where my mum gets it from, and in turn, where myself and my sisters get it from.
 
"I have one up in my loft. I was planning to send it to the Hospice Shop with Grandad."
 
 
 
This is my Grandad. ^ My Grandad is the love of my life. He's very soppy and silly and has spoilt us girls rotten all our lives. He's retired but he works in a charity shop for the local Hospice every Friday. Before I knew it, Grandma had dispatched Grandad to crawl around in the loft to look for the garment in question. I waited in excitement until I heard the words:
 
"Here it is! I've got it!"
 
It. Is. Perfect.
 
A dark mahogony brown, with a small, single latch to fasten it at the front. The sleeves are just long enough for my lanky arms - which is always a pain for me when buying jackets. It's a size 12, but that's okay because I can always wear one of my big chunky jumpers underneath to pad it out.
 
 
The photo just doesn't do it justice... but I'll upload some photos of me wearing it soon! (It's not actual fur by the way. Just in case you were wondering. I know I have admitted before that I am all for fur but this is faux-fur, and therefore even better.)
 
I've worn this coat to death ever since Grandma gave it to me. I've worn it out for meals, I've dressed it down with jeans and boots in the day... I even wore it to bloody Morrison's for God's sake, and I have never felt more middle class in my life.
 
 
 
I've been called everything from Pat Butcher to Cruella but the truth is - when I wear this coat I feel fabulous. and it has that gorgeous 'Grandma smell' that we all know and love.
 
So thank you, Grandma!
I have been made a very happy girlie with this coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment