Thursday 29 November 2012

Jumpers are like dogs

I'm aware that I have already written about jumpers but I have had a stressful few days and my jumpers have, strangely, lifted my mood.

Jumpers are warm.
Jumpers come in all sorts of colours.
Jumpers cover every lump and bump.
Jumpers never go out of fashion. (Apart from V necks... Shudder)
 
And I've eaten lots of biscuits as well. And crisps. And chocolate
 
My jumpers are the equivalent of dogs to me.
Some are small and cute; some are big and loud; and all of them always seem to be pleased to see me. I am aware that I sound CRAZY. But please, observe my reasoning.
 
 
 
 
This is one of my favourites. I bought this jumper when I first discovered eBay for about £4 and I have worn it to death ever since because it really does go with everything. With regard to its canine equivalent, this jumper is my answer to Clifford the Big Red Dog. It's happy and it's soft. Just like Clifford. 
 
 Then there's this one. My beige one. 
 
 
I wouldn't usually buy insipid colours but this was £4 from Cancer Research and I bought it in grey as well. Yes. I bought neutrals. It's like a little beige corgi. I love to hate it.
 
Now, this jumper was the birthplace of my obsession.
 
 
 
 If this jumper were a dog it would be a Black Labrador. Reliable. Cosy. Good with children - including big kids like me. I just LOVE this jumper. It's got a slight polo neck which is always risky, but I think the pattern is so mad that it's okay!
 
 
Now this one might be pushing it. In fact it definitely is.
 
 
 
There's a close up for you, just in case you were wondering if your eyes were deceiving you.
Yes, they are cats.
 
I got this jumper from the Cat Protection Society Shop.
I wish I was joking. It would be churlish to compare this sweater to a dog - as it is clearly covered in cats... And I hate cats. But this sweater is an exception.
 
I guess judging from this, I am fashion's answer to a crazy cat lady. I am a crazy-cat-jumper-lady.
 
 
I hate it when people take photos of themselves in the mirror but this is my Christmassy jumper that I wore today, and I didn't want to take it off because I can see my breath in my room..
 
P.S. Clashing patterns is cool. I did it today ^ and I felt like the beezneez.

Now I need to get into bed before my fingers freeze off
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment