Tuesday 27 November 2012

What I wore today - don't judge me

I do love having a GOD. No, I'm not going all religious - I mean a Good Outfit Day.
Today was one of these days.

I was off into Uni today (which always warrants dressing up for - as I only have 6 hours a week, education has become an occasion) so I thought it was a good day to wear something that I haven't worn in Uni yet.

Brandishing a pair of perfect black jeans that I got fitted in America (the sales assistants in H'n'M US walk around with measuring tapes - so much better than the UK!) and one of my finds from the Sack Sale - a satin, green, floral shirt - I wasn't quite content.

Now this is where you may - quite rightly - judge me...

I own an item of fur.
I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!

But it was just too gorgeous (and too cheap) to leave on the shelf. It's a splash dyed 80s denim jacket with a rabbit fur collar that quite frankly feels like
Heaven. Whenever I feel down I rub it on my face like a comfort blanky. (Jokes) It malts and everything - it's the closest thing I can get to a pet at University.


Up until now I've always been against fur. It really is horrific what happens to animals in the name of fashion... I'm not even sure if I agree with medical testing sometimes. But my reasoning is that I'm not actually fuelling the fur trade by buying this jacket because I bought it second hand. So surely I'm just helping a small business by buying Cruella DeVille's cast-offs. It was £12, but when I wear it I feel like a million dollars.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank the little rabbit that gave its life for this jacket.



ALSO. Follow me on Twitter - mkevans92



No comments:

Post a Comment