Thursday 4 October 2012

Just starting out.


I'm new to blogging, but I can no longer stand by and let all the gorgeous things I see around Birmingham go unrecorded any longer.
I'm Meg - and this is me looking somewhat smug on holiday.

 
I am currently in my second year at the University of Birmingham, studying English Language - with the hope of going into a career involving fashion media.
 
I'm loving my course, loving the city and loving most of the things that people wear here.
I say 'most' because there are a few rotten eggs flying around (I didn't realise people still owned ponchos?!) but ever since I've been here, I have never been more sure that I want to do something related with fashion after I finish my degree. Brummies dress amazingly; the shopping is brilliant and the city is a constant hive of activity.
 
So, I guessed a blog would be a good place to start as I've heard it's the 'cool' thing to do.
 
I'm not really sure what I'm going to post on this - just everything in my life to do with fashion I suppose. I'll be documenting shopping trips, my attempts to customize my own clothes as I refuse to go into Urban Outfitters. (Because that place literally is daylight robbery. Most of the stuff you could just buy from a jumble sale and do yourself. But NO, they charge £40 for a moth-eaten jumper. Rant over.) And I guess it'll be a place to write down my thoughts about things I see around campus, as well as stuff in the city centre that catch my eye on day trips and nights out.
 
This blog may well turn out to be a pile of rubbish but I'm going to attempt to be cool any way and almost certainly 100% fail. So bear with me.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment