Tuesday 9 October 2012

Levi's extravaganza

So today was a bit of a denim overload. Denim shirt. Denim shorts. I was just all over the double denim look.

Me rocking the double denim.
I was a bit scared that I would end up looking like
this...
 
 
But luckily I think I left my Britney/Justin obsession with my velvet hair scrunchies and inflatable chairs. And I think if you do double denim right (aka, not with a denim suit jacket that is almost certainly ten sizes too big) it can look pretty good.
 
My obsession with denim shirts is a bit unhealthy. I have a denim shirt with studs on. One without sleeves. One that is dyed about 30 various colours. And I still feel as though I want more. And, ever since Levi's shorts (or 'denim knickers' as my Grandad calls them) became cool, I have worn them non-stop - even if my lovely housemate Phoebe is confused by the pockets.
 
Where to buy vintage denim in Birmingham
 
When it comes to denim, nothing is as good as Levi's. Urban Village is the best place to go for Levi's shorts in Birmingham - no question. Granted, Cow has more stock, but in terms of price, they can be a bit silly. On more than one occasion I have picked up a pair of shorts only to find that not only are they dirty, they are waaaaay overpriced (often pushing £30.) At Urban Village, it is easy to find a good pair for £15.
 
And as for denim shirts, pretty much all of the ones that Urban stock are genuine Levi's, whereas some of the 'vintage' shirts in Cow are actually just out-of-season high street ones that they charge £25 or more for. Don't be robbed. Most of them in Urban are never more than £15.
 
 
Sometimes a baggy Levi's shirt can look like a blank canvas. So I put this gaudy Forever 21 necklace on with it to add a bit of sparkle. (This was one of my bargainous Forever 21 finds!)
 
I wore mine tied in a belly knot so that it didn't look like I was being a slut and wearing it as a dress. I think this is a trend that can work if you do it properly. I don't really agree with getting belly buttons out, but with high waisted shorts it can look really cool.
 
Over and out!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment